This website works best with JavaScript enabled
ocean-grove-logo sm

Individualized Learning Since 2005

wasclogoWASC Accredited
Independent Study
Individualized Learning Plans
Parent Choice

    Schoology Login

forest road
The best way to predict your future is to create it.
- Abraham Lincoln

Placement tests are different from college entrance exams. After you choose the college you plan to attend you will need to take college placement exams. These decide what English and math classes you need to take once you get to college. Generally, you can not register for any classes unless you take these tests. These are done through the college or University system. Community colleges require placement tests as well.

Placement Tests for the CSU System

CSU requires you to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry-Level Mathematics Test (ELM) before you enroll. If plan to attend any CSU you can sign up and take the placement test at Sacramento State. You may be exempt based on your SAT or ACT scores.

CSU Placement Tests

Placement Tests for the UC System

The UC system requires the Analytical Writing Placement Examination for those who are not exempt due to SAT or ACT scores. The exam will be administered the morning of the second Saturday in May. In early April, students will receive a letter directing them to the test center at which they must take the test and any additional tests needed.
UC Analytical Writing Placement Exam

Community Colleges

Community colleges also use placement exams. Contact your local community college to find out more. Get study materials and prepare for these tests. They decide how many remedial math and English classes you must take before starting on classes that can be used for an Associates Degree or a transfer to a university.

Private colleges will send you the date and link for your placement tests.

4535 Missouri Flat Road, Suite 1A  Placerville, CA 95667
Phone 800-979-4436 
Fax 530-295-3583

#fc3424 #5835a1 #1975f2 #2fc86b #f_syc9 #eef77 #020614063440